Friday, February 10, 2012

5.3 Critical thinking about Critical thinking

Consider your thinking processes when you started the course.  Have they changed at all?  Have you been able to internalize any of the techniques and concepts you have learned?  What will it take to make lasting, positive changes in the way you think?

I have to say yes my thinking has changed quite a bit since I started this course.  Instead of looking at something and maybe just accepting it for what it is I now start to look at it from different angles and ask more questions about it.  I find myself going around the circle more and seeing how I can apply the elements to whatever it is I am doing.  Of course, at the same time I feel kind of lost…maybe I am questioning too much.  Maybe I am reading too deeply into things.  I feel the light bulb go off frequently and at other times I feel the cloud over head because I don’t think I get it. This is when I have to step back and review it and change my point of view and maybe even my assumptions.

I now understand the three parts of critical thinking and that is asking questions, trying to answer those questions with reasoning and then being able to accept my conclusions and believing in them.  This will help me in my work as well as I personal life.

When I am creating my verification manual I am going to use the SEE-I approach as well as the elements to help me make a clear and concise manual that everyone can understand.  As for my personal life where to begin is the question! I have a book called Creative Visualization that I have had for many years.  When I find myself going “off the path” I open this book and read through it again to get back on where I need to be.  I feel this book will also help with that.  I have many pages highlighted and dog-eared on things that stand out for me.

To make this a lasting change and work for me on all levels I will need to be aware of making changes for the better and maybe creating a list for myself using the Personal Brain.  I feel in my heart I am in limbo at times that I have the wanderlust and I need to tap into that and question those feelings.  What is it that I am feeling?  What do I feel is my purpose?  What do I want to get out of this stage in my life?  In school?  In work?  How can I improve on these things and make them work for me?

Many questions and hopefully some answers to go with them.  I look at it this way…I am a work in progress and in the end I will be an amazing masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment