Friday, February 17, 2012

Activity 6.3 Qualitative Research

Activity 6.3 Blog Qualitative Research

After reviewing the links for qualitative research I feel I have a better understanding of how it is used and why.  There are many forms of research that can be used such as verbal, tactile, and visual to name a few.  Using different methods can help me get a better result from my research.  This includes different descriptions like field notes, recordings (audio and video), open ended interviews, pictures and film. 

In the selecting process, I want to be sure I am using variations and comparing different types of cases like typical vs. non typical to get a well-rounded result.  By using different research roles and putting myself in these roles as the teacher, student and writer I will be able to use my perspective to gather information from every angle.  

            I feel that the data collection phase is the most important phase.  Keeping a running account what I find, how I feel about what I find and a description of the methods I use will keep me on track and possibly point me in another direction.  In taking notes and being able to make changes to these as I am writing them up will give me the ability to expand on my ideas.  By comparing the different methods used I will be able to see if there is something I may have missed during the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment